- Capability framework: the entire system of roles, skills, and associated levels.
- Level matrix: the combination of skill levels that define a particular role level.
- Role: the general capacity you’re working in (for example, “UX Designer”).
- Role description: the text description of how the level matrix applies to a particular role level.
- Role level: a milestone along a path of growth within a role (for example, “Senior”).
- Role overview: the text description of the general practice of the role.
- Skill: an identified category of practice related to one or more roles (for example, “Inclusive design mindset”).
- Skill level: a measure of expertise and ability within a given skill (for example, “practitioner”).